Sunday, May 23, 2004

....and so begins the rest of my life...

Kind of dramatic isn't it? Although, I would agree it could sound that way to most people, I am having a hard time finding a better description to the current state of events. I just graduated and currently in the process of wrapping up my college life. Job hunting is also part of all that "wrapping" up, but with the end of that search, comes the next stage: Work Life. Regardless, everyone knows about all that crap, that's nothing new, what I do find new and cool, is the fact that I have no stress about it, nothing. Its not like "omg omg what's going to happen next".....I feel more along the lines of "I honestly have no idea what's next, but whatever it is bring it". And there are a lot of people helping me out; looking out for me, and I guess that's what's so great about it. Basically, people that know a lot more than I do, don't want anything bad to happen to me. It feels like I'm attacking life as a team instead of by myself, and it just seems a lot more doable that way. It took me quite some time to learn that on my own, something that a lot of older folks already know. Anyways, to make a long story short, when you think you know more about life than someone who has lived before you have, you'll get burned (by a situation completely avoidable), and then you'll realize its better to "Respect and listen to your elders". It funny how people sort of forget the nature of that advice so easily throughout their lives, just to find it again, and loose it again. Stupid people. Just know NOW that you don't, and keep your eyes and ears open. Always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home