Friday, June 04, 2004

Ramphis Update

Wow...a LOT can happen in just one week. I guess that's just my motto at work: "Learn as if you're going to live forever, live as if you're going to die tomorrow"....I know I know, its awefully dramatic, but you guys get the point, and it definately gets the job done. So what exactly have I been up to? Well, from sightseeing across the island, to bodyboarding in different beaches (on all four coasts), and living up (read: partying) my "vacation" out here in Puerto Rico...not much. A few days ago I was on a job interview in Manati (at a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary). Met up with some buddies that graduated before me. The job they fulfill as part of the IM (Information Management) division of J&J looks very interesting and challenging, but its support nature was not what I was looking for. I enjoy having internal clients, but I look forward to working closely with external clients as well. I used that trip to Manati (top part of the island) to visit a "friend" (long story) in Arecibo, and then took the PR-10 down through Adjuntas (right smack in the middle of the island) to Ponce and then back home....all in all, close to a 200mi drive through and around the island (the real trip, from my home to Humacao to Mayaguez and back is close to double that) in one day. I plan on doing the real round trip very soon. It has to include stopping for drinks and food at 4 or more locations.

Went to a party to meet up with a few buddies that came in for vacation on Saturday @ San Juan. Arturo's home (the guy that got me hooked on paintball) had an awesome terrace with pool and domino tables. I fell on a couch somewhere around 7am....woke up at 10am to drive back home. I felt remarkably refreshed. One final thing...when a "game" inhibits the communication such a soiree is supposed to promote, I suggest lightening up on the seriousness of the gaming or banning the game altogether. There are a few people that actually prefer serious domino playing to catching up or discussing any current event with old friends.../shrug. Such behavior is beyond my comprehension, I mean, if the game in question is NOT what everyone goes there to do...then why make is such a focus of the night? It has gotten a lot better (I bring up the issue for discussion a lot when I'm around playing...at least to have SOMETHING to talk about ;)), but I wish it could be the way it was before...

This post has gotten long enough...I'll the rest of the update later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home