Tuesday, June 08, 2004

So I'm an Engineer now...

...or so says the piece of paper I got at my graduation yesterday ;) Its pretty interesting actually. I remember a few years back during my brother's graduation..."damn I wonder how I'll feel when I graduate. It must be so exciting.". Seeing everyone gathered there just for them, celebrating their achievement and thinking to myself how cool it must feel to have all the work you've done to get there behind you. To reflect on all you've been through and to silently thank all those that helped you get there; thinking that must be a real humbling experience. But the truth is, it's difficult to appreciate what you are or what's happening to you as it's happening. I mean, you don't magically turn into what you want to be; and as you work towards something, you sort of just become that. You don't think, "damn I'm rich" or "I'm famous" or whatever...you just are. So, you are sort of robbed of the excitement of accomplishing what you set out to do. Right now, I look back at everything I've done, and no single expresion can do it justice, I've changed so much over the course of my college life it's impressive, even to me (which might sound silly heh, but its true). To me, graduation was not about becoming an engineer, it was more about acknowledging what I've become...an individual that has passed all the hoops needed to be eligible to become a full member of society. I guess that's a whole other topic for discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home