Friday, June 18, 2004

Touching base...

So I'm here in Boston for the next few days as part of my bi-annual "Life Research" trip. It's basically a time to synthesize all that've learned over the past 6 months, and compare notes with the leading minds on life research (read: anyone and everyone that's lived through something I haven't, but I'm on the verge of experiencing). It is humbling to really see how much I've yet to learn, but its very very encouraging at the same time to realize that I'm not as behind on a lot of topics as I personally thought, and that I'm light years ahead of any of my peers and/or contemporaries. One of the best parts of such trips is being able to make the previous comment, and know that its not me talking or just my perspective, but I'm just channeling the wisdom and insight bestowed upon me by others who have seen and done more than I have. More than a so called ego boost, its more of a reaffirmation of what I already knew about myself. And although the motivation for such studies might seem personal in nature on the surface, the real motivation is far more complex, yet paradoxically simple at the same time. Perhaps I'll be able to comment on such motivations in a future entry, yet, on a personal note, it's very exciting to know I have such strong motives to do what I do [even though 99% of my work goes completely unnoticed or at least no feedback is channeled directly back to me....but for matters such as these, great philosophers of yore have the wisdom to understand such situations...

Inasmuch as his victories are gained over circumstances that have not come to light, the world as large knows nothing of them, and he wins no reputation for wisdom. -- Sun Tzu
...such is the world we live in :)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home